Good morning Parents and Students, As a part of the JROTC instruction we will start using Virtual Learning in the form of Schoology. Some students may already be using this virtual learning tool but for those who are not, here are the steps along with access codes for each class period: www.schoology.com register for a student account Enter access code 1st Block 46S3-6SNT-B4BD8 3rd Block 3H3G-39NP-4M4CR 4th Block 4C5V-784S-NK62Q Complete Assignments under courses Email me with any questions robinette.pryor@cobbk12.org
Hello and Welcome to the PHS Falcon Battalion, where we Motivate Young People to become Better Citizens! I am Sergeant Major Robinette Pryor and I will be one of two teachers that will be teaching you level I of Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps(JROTC) this 1st semester. I am excited to meet all the new students and in the weeks to come, meet the parents. The first two days we will have a few activities to get to know each other and I will also give an overview of the class and what the expectations are for you to be successful. Initially, some of you will think "this class is not for me". All I ask is that you give us at least one semester to change your mind. This class is not designed to prepare you for the military, it is designed to help you improve your self-disciple, confidence, physical fitness and leadership skills. See You on August 1, 2019 and let's have a good semester!
Happy Monday!! I hope everyone enjoyed the spirit week and homecoming festivities last week. I'm sure our cadets enjoyed dressing up in spirit wear on Wednesday instead of wearing the uniform. We are halfway through the semester. This week we will be off our normal schedule of events due to testing. We are taking advantage of that by conducting evaluations for upcoming promotions. Students will be graded on Rank, drill and ceremony, and the cadet creed. All things they SHOULD know at this point of the semester. Our promotion ceremony will be held next Thursday, October 24th during each block. Parents, I can not stress enough that participation and uniform wear is a major part of this program, the classwork is the icing on the cake. Please encourage your students to participate and wear the uniform weekly. If there is a situation where the uniform was not prepared for inspection on Thursday, the student has the opportunity to make that up on the following Tuesday or the fa...
Comments
Post a Comment